Skip to main content
What is P.B.I.S.?
- P.B.I.S. (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) is a systems approach to create and maintain positive school climates.
- It is an evidence-based framework that emphasizes the prevention of school discipline problems.
- It also identifies systems for logically responding to classroom and individual student problems.
- P.B.I.S. provides ideas to support teaching, modeling, and recognizing positive, appropriate behavior in schools.
- By promoting and sustaining safe learning environments, P.B.I.S. creates and sustains a positive school climate.
- The framework stresses identifying outcomes, data use, systems and practices.